Stretford Arts Collective – 2018 EXHIBITION
22nd – 25thNovember
Ticketed Preview Thursday 22ndNovember 6-9pm Free Entry
Preview Friday 23rdNovember 6-9pm
In November Stretford Arts Collective will host an arts exhibition in celebration of local artists, creators and makers.
The exhibition of work across all art forms will be held at Stretford Public Hall. Whilst priority will be given to resident artists from local neighbourhoods, submissions are welcomed from the wider Greater Manchester area.
We are excited to be introducing a themed approach to our third major exhibition, and that theme is “Movement”, which can be interpreted in many different ways.
Our exhibitions are a wonderful way for local artists to show and sell their work to the public. Consideration will be given to all areas of art including film, photography, installation, musical pieces, written word, performance pieces, paintings, drawing and sculpture.
How to apply
Requirements: An artists statement (max 250 words) that includes an explanation of how your work fits within our theme of ‘movement’. Details of completed work being submitted OR proposals for new work along with 3 examples of previous work.
Deadline for submissions is midnight 23rdJuly 2018
Submissions need to clearly identify work that is to be considered for the exhibition and work that is being submitted in support of your proposal.
The Curators’ decision will be final. As a guide each artists submission should be limited to a maximum of five pieces of work, able to be exhibited within a space no more than 7ft by 7ft.
The hanging of the show will be carried out by Stretford Arts Collective. If successful applicants have work thats needs special requirements for exhibiting they must provide clear instructions about how their work is to be shown.
Each successful submission will require a payment of £15.00 per person administration fee and the donation of a piece of work to be included in our auction which aims to raise funds for Stretford Arts Collective to continue providing regular art related workshops for the local community.
All proceeds from this exhibition will benefit the community through the Stretford Arts Collective & Friends of Stretford Public Hall.
Terms and conditions
• Stretford Arts Collective take no responsibility for at the loss or damage to work(s) whilst it is being handled and exhibited by us. We advise that if your work is delicate or expensive to replace you seek your own insurance for the duration of the show.
• We provide public liability insurance and reserve the right to take decisions on hanging work to ensure health and safety.
• There will be a 20% commission taken on all work sold in the show from the 22nd November 2018 to the 25th November 2018.
• Payments for sold works will aim to be made no later than 6 weeks from the 26th November 2018.
• All artists accepted must submit a donation artwork for the art auction, failure to do so may result in the termination of your place in the exhibition. If the work is not chosen for the auction this will be returned to you at the end of the show.
• All works that are for sale must be clearly marked with prices when submitted. These prices are Final and will be the ones shown in the exhibition. If no prices are shown on submissions we will default the work as Not For Sale.
• Stretford Arts Collective reserve the right to refuse to exhibit works if they do not meet the standard previously shown in accepted submissions or they are of a completely different scale to those originally submitted.
• We will not take submissions of work that has already been shown at previous SAC32 exhibitions. Any work that have been exhibited previously at Stretford Public Hall will be automatically denied entry. All decisions made by Stretford Arts Collective are final.
• We will not accept any submissions later than 23rd July.
We are really excited about our upcoming exhibition on the theme of movement and hope it inspires you to create new work, or you may have recently produced work that fits within this theme, both are welcomed for submission.